. Women who have vulvodynia would feel uncomfortable in sitting, standing and feel painful when having sex with partner.
There is no known cause for Vulvodynia but possible contributing factors include-
- Injury to or irritation of the nerves surrounding your vulvar region
- Past vaginal infections
- Allergies or sensitive skin
- Hormonal changes
- Muscle spasm or weakness in the pelvic floor, which supports the uterus, bladder and bowel
The main vulvodynia symptom is pain in your genial area and other symptoms are-
- Inflame or swollen vulva
- Itchiness inside and outside vulva
- Feeling painful after having sexual intercourse
The length of the pain can be different from one woman to another. Some women feel painful for 3 months and more constantly while others might just feel occasional pain.
Women who have vulvodynia for a long time will have emotional problems and others complications include depression, low libido and have difficulty in daily life.
When to see a doctor?
When you have experienced above mentioned symptoms for a certain period and when it gets into the ways of your daily life, you should go and see doctor as soon as possible. Hence, it is important not to take unprescribed pills or use remedies so as to treat vulvodynia.