What is Implant?
Lydia’s Implanex (implant in the arm) is a set of tiny thin flexible plastic rod about the size of a matchstick. That plastic rods release progestogen hormone into your body that prevents pregnancy up to 3 years.
Things you need to know about Implant
- Lydia’s Implanex (implant in the arm) can prevent pregnancy up to 99%.
- Lydia’s Implanex (implant in the arm) is the best choice for ladies who don’t get on well with contraceptive method that includes estrogen hormone and ladies who don’t feel like using daily oral pills.
- There might some rashes or itchiness, pain inside the arm right after the insertion. However, it will go away after a while.
- The most common side effects after inserting implant are less flow of period and period stops coming. It happens due to hormone in the implant and it isn’t necessary to concern about it. Other side effects are dizziness, headache, nausea and vomiting.
How does Implant work?
Implant-a set of two rods about the size of matchstick works in 2 ways. 7 days after getting implanted, it releases progestogen hormones in the whole body through vein in the arm. Those progestogen hormones stop your body from releasing an egg.
The next way is that they also they also thicken the mucus in your cervix so sperm cannot get to an egg.
When does it start working?
If ladies get Lydia’s Implanex (implant in the arm) on the first day of their period, it will prevent pregnancy right away.
However, if ladies get implant any convenient day in period cycle, ladies need to use condom during the first 7 days after getting implant.
How to get implant?
One can get Lydia’s Implanex (implant in the arm) implantation at the nearby hospitals and clinic done by skillful nurses and doctors. It will be inserted under the skin on the inner side of your upper arm and you will feel like getting injected. Moreover, if you want to get it taken out before 3 years, it can be easily take out.
Who is not suitable to use Implant?
- Who like having monthly period
- Ladies with irregular period
- Who have heart disease and valvular heart disease
- Have liver disease
- Have breast cancer or a history of breast cancer shouldn’t use Implant in the arm.